The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment was designed to help better understand how people relate to others, and how they can benefit from this knowledge in everyday professional and personal life.
The power of personality
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment is one of the world’s most popular personality tools. It’s simple, yet powerful, and introduces a common language for referring to and discussing personality preferences that play an essential role in our everyday life. The MBTI assessment and its process of self-discovery gives a framework for understanding and appreciating differences in others.
Understanding yourself and others provides a unique perspective and opens up possibilities—in your job, your relationships and your life.
The way you direct and receive energy
- Extraversion: You direct energy toward the outside world and get energized by interacting with people and taking action
- Introversion: You direct energy toward your own inner world and get energized by reflecting on your ideas and experiences
The way you take in information
- Sensing: You take in information that is real and tangible and focus mainly on what you perceive using your five senses
- Intuition: You take in information by seeing the big picture and focus mainly on the patterns and interrelationships you perceive
The way you make decisions and come to conclusions
- Thinking: You base your conclusions on logic, with accuracy and objective truth the primary goals
- Feeling: You base your conclusions on personal and social values, with understanding and harmony the primary goals
The way you approach the outside world
- Judging: You approach the world with decisiveness and tend to like planning and closure
- Perceiving: You approach the world with flexibility and tend to like spontaneity and openness